Voidstone Software - Plugin Store
Terms of Service
last updated Jul 29 2021
Hey! I'm glad you're interested in getting your own epic plugin made from the Voidstone Software plugin store. Make sure you read through this page entirely, as it has some important information about working with us, payment, time frames, updates, and more.
Plugin size determination and version
As you've probably noticed on the plugin store's main page, there are several sizes your requested plugin could fall under. Those size listings are meant more for a broad understanding of pricing and time frames. When we get in touch about the specifics of your plugin, we'll let you know what size we consider it to fall under.
It's important that we know the server software you use, as well as the version, so we can create the plugin using the correct API. When requesting a plugin from us, be sure to include that information (for example, 'Spigot 1.8.9', 'Paper 1.16.5', etc.).
If you're using a plugin to allow Minecraft clients of other versions to join the server (like ViaVersion), be sure to let us know the actual version the server is on, even if you run your client on a different version.
- As outlined on the plugin store's main page, the prices will be greater than or equal to those listed under each plugin size.
- We'll let you know what we'll charge for your plugin after we get in touch and discuss the specifics of the plugin.
- We do our best to work around budgets, so please let us know how much money you have to spend.
- If you aren't happy with the price, you can turn our offer down. We'll do our best to negotiate, though.
- The overall price will increase depending on features you wish to add or remove during plugin development.
The time at which payments are due depends on the plugin's price.
- If the cost of the plugin is over $30, you're required to pay 50% of the agreed-upon price before plugin development can begin. The other 50% needs to be paid when the plugin is ready for you.
- If the cost of the plugin is under or equal to $30, you're required to pay 100% of the agreed-upon price after the plugin's development has concluded and it is ready for you. No payment up front is required.
- Payments should be sent through PayPal (we'll provide the information/invoice when the first payment is due).
Refunds are only allowed in certain circumstances.
- If you decide during the plugin development period that you want to cancel (for whatever reason) and you've already paid 50%, refunds will be issued based on the work we have already done. For example, if we're around 20% of the way through the project and you choose to cancel, we'll keep 20% of the total price (since you've only paid 50%, we'll refund you the remaining 30%).
- If you have the final product and have already paid 100% of the price but for some reason you decide you don't want to use the plugin anymore, sorry dude. We spent all that time making it, so we won't be able to give you a refund.
- If you choose to cancel development before we've started but you've paid 50%, we'll refund it.
- If you cancel plugin development and you haven't been required to pay 50%, you may be required to pay for the amount of work completed. If you fail to do so, you may be restricted from having plugins developed for you from our store in the future.
- If you wish to add another feature during plugin development that we would require extra charge for, the payment due post development will be updated to reflect that. If you choose to remove a planned feature that we haven't added yet, we'll lower the price due at post development accordingly.
Time and time frames
- The store is based primarily within the United States Central Time Zone.
- We'll let you know how long we expect the plugin development period to last when we initially discuss the plugin's specifics.
- We'll do our best to stick close to our time estimate. However, the time frame may be shorter or longer than our estimate, but we'll always keep you updated.
- If you would like to know how far we are in the development of your plugin, let us know and we'll tell you.
- If, somehow, a feature that was thought to be possible turns out to be limited due to Minecraft limitations or our abilities, we reserve the right to cancel the development of those features (if applicable, we'll issue a refund for that feature).
Final product and review
- We test the plugin as we make it. When we're done, we'll invite you to see the final product on one of our testing servers. This is optional but available if you want to see the plugin in action before you send in the final payment.
Once you approve of the plugin and send in the final payment, we'll send you the plugin file. The file will be a .zip containing the following:
- The plugin .jar
- PluginGuide.txt, a file containing any extra configuration instructions necessary, along with all of the plugin's commands and permissions for reference.
- Your invoice .pdf for reference
- A folder containing the plugin's source code
- We always extremely appreciate reviews for our service. After we're done, we'll send you a link where you can leave a vouch for us. Your review, optionally along with your name and server, will probably be featured on our website!
You may encounter an instance where we messed up or didn't catch a bug during plugin development. Because these plugins are quickly developed and are only tested by us in a controlled environment, you may experience issues on your server with plugin compatibility (something we wouldn't necessarily be able to test on our own) or usage by large groups of players.
In these scenarios, we'll do our best to get the bug fixed free of charge. The time frame of the fix will depend on our availability, but we'll do our best to get it fixed and send it over.
Want to add something to the plugin later on? Not a problem. Get in touch with us and we'll discuss the pricing and time frame for the update, both of which will depend on what the requested features are.
Other important terms
- I reserve the right to decline any offer for any reason. If applicable, you may be eligible for a refund, which will be discussed at the time of the decline.
- Although not likely, I reserve the right to cancel during the plugin development period for any reason. If applicable, you may be eligible for a refund, which will be discussed at the time of cancellation.